Town of Newburgh Hosting Community-Wide Yard Sale
It's that time again for my Bargain of the Week a week early. We are going to take a little road trip across the Blue Bridge to Newburgh, Indiana for a Community-Wide Yard Sale.
If you aren't familiar with Newburgh it is a fabulous place full of lots of houses and wonderful shopping. This weekend they will host ultimate summer shopping with their Yard Sale.
They have literally thought of everything when it comes to rules for having a good sale. If you're anything like me you can't stand to drive around an unfamiliar neighborhood searching for a sale looking like a creeper as you squint looking to see if that is in fact a sale or just a bunch of junk piled up in someone's garage. All you have to look for are balloons tied to the mailbox or portion of the home hosting a sale. Isn't that fantastic!?
They do ask a few things of the buyers:
- Please wear a mask
- Do not block the driveways or neighborhood entrances
- Lock your cars
- Be mindful of each property owner when you visit.
If you live in Newburgh and would like to be a part of the Community-Wide Sale you can register by calling the Town Hall at 812-518-1159.
Here are some great rules for the Buyer & the Seller of Yard Sales:
To the Seller
10. Please do not sell your dirty, stained undies in a 10 cent bin. I'll give you a dollar not to sell them.
9. It is a yard sale if it is in your yard and a garage sale if in your garage the two cannot be interchanged.
8. One table of knick-knacks, two 1980's prom dresses, and a lawnmower is not a sale. I will just drive past mad off because I wasted gas.
7. Please do not sell half-empty bottles of lotion, makeup or used lipstick for $1. I MEAN REALLY! Those go in the free box which we will discuss later.
6. You are not a Justice/Gap kids franchise do not price your kid's clothes that way. Stains and smells do not up the value.
5. Clinique/make-up freebies should be free do not try and sell them for full price.
4. Your kids are precious but please teach them how to make kool-aid. 2 cups sugar 1 part water 1 packet of kool-aid clean pitcher! I will buy that deliciousness all day :)
3. Please take personal photos out of frames. Some faces only a family could love.
2. Videotapes yes I said videotapes are outdated price them as such. $5 for Pee wee's Big Adventure is a little much.
1. Lastly when I ask you if you'll come down in price on an item I do not want the life story of how much you paid for it and how you can't part with it for less than so much. And the only reason you're selling it is that it doesn't match your new stuff. Guess what? If you don't sell it at the end of the day it still isn't gonna match COME OFF IT ALREADY! You are not Hobby Lobby.
To the Buyer
8. Yes this is all the stuff I have. Do you see anymore?
7. If my sign says the sale is 7a-12p it means just that! Please do not peek inside my garage at 530a or you may get more than you bargained for.
6. Do not stay an hour looking and then take something from the free box and leave.
5. No my yard furniture is not for sale do you see a price tag!?
4. This is not a grab bag sale. Buy or go.
3. I do not remember the life history of my lawnmower you put gas in it and it cuts grass that's the long and short of it. Pretty simple.
2.No I do not have change for a hundred if I did would I be having a yard sell!?
1. YES, MY DOG BITES!