Businesses the Tri-State Lost in 2018
It's always sad when businesses close down, and 2018 saw a lot of closures. Here's a small trip down memory lane.
From local mom and pop restaurants, to big retail stores with a lot of Evansville history, 2018 saw many closures. It's always sad when a business closes, for those who work there, for those who frequented there, and for those who owned the business. Let's take a minute and remember the businesses we lost in 2018.
- Tin Man
- Charlies Mongolian (now a breakfast place with great reviews! Charlies Cafe)
- Newburgh Pool (while there are still fundraising efforts, for a new pool, the current one is closed)
- Evansville's Opportunity Shop
- Taco Tierra Green River Road
- RiRa's Irish Pub (I still miss their hooly kabob!)
- D'Alto Studio
- Book and Music Exchange (I spent many hours digging for vinyl here)
- Schaums Pizzeria
- Newburgh Pizza Chef
- Mr. Gattis in Boonville
- Schlotzsky's Deli
- Buehler's IGA in Darmstadt
- Toys R Us
- Mystique Winery (still open until 12/23!)
If there are any we missed, it wasn't intentional, please let us know and we will get it updated. While this list is a bit depressing, it's important to remember all of the growth we've had in the last year as well! Unfortunately you can't have the good without the bad. 2018 has seen the beginning of many things for the Tri-state as well! From a brand new BBQ restaurant downtown (Read St BBQ), to a new brewery in downtown Evansville (Myriad), to a new place to have breakfast (Charlie's Cafe), and the construction of the new Costco! The Tri-State is growing, but unfortunately there are some growing pains along the way.
So here's to 2019! May the Tri-State continue to grow!