Five Questions With Dave Cummings From Ghosts of the Ohio
Dave Cummings and his band Ghosts of the Ohio have been making a huge imprint on the Evansville music scene since their debut earlier this year. Starting out without much more than their dashing good looks and a couple of really nice guitars, the band is on its way to becoming one of the most highly revered artists’ in the area.
We recently caught up with guitarist and vocalist Dave Cummings and asked him five questions. His answers will either inspire you – or they wont!
1. If there were a drinking game called “The Dave Cummings,” what would it entail? I don’t think all the details would really matter as long as you were sitting and someone else was bringing you your drinks.
2. What was the last surprisingly good movie you watched that you really do not want to admit watching? My Niece spent last weekend with us and was in charge of Netflix. She ended up selecting a flick called “Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer” or something close to that. It was your typical affair about a grade school girl trying to have a blast of a summer vacation. I can’t say that it was a good movie, but I did oddly enjoy it. Perhaps it was just the good company… we watched it twice. You’re not going to tell anyone, right?
3. What was the last really great meal you had the pleasure of eating? Sushi. Pretty sure I could live on just that.
4. What do you read in the bathroom? Man, I know you are looking for a plug on one, or both, Toilet Bowl Soup books. But I’m actually a get in, get out sort of guy. On occasion, I may check craigslist on my cell.
5. Who is your favorite Seinfeld character and why? Love them all, but I would have to go with Jerry. He has the perfect setup. He makes enough money to be well off by just doing the occasional stand up gig. He’s like a rock star with out the music. I do realize Kramer doesn’t seem to work either, but he seems far too stressed for my taste. Rock Stars don’t stress… right?
Be sure to catch Dave Cummings performance with his band Ghosts of the Ohio this Saturday night at Doc’s Nightclub, as the band opens up for the infamous Brick Briscoe and his Big Sexy Band.
Show starts at 9:00 PM
1305 N Stringtown Rd. Evansville, Indiana 47711