Think You Have the Cutest Pet? Warrick Humane Society Hosting Photo Contest Fundraiser
I read something one time that said as dogs have become more domesticated, their eye muscles have evolved to show more white around them to appear more human-like and more expression around the eyebrows. This connection leads to more food and better treatment by their owners.
I don't know how true that is but it kind of feels true. When I look at my dog and he gives me "puppy dog eyes" the white part is very visible and he almost looks like a cartoon character. Then when he's in trouble, man those eyes tell a story. And he's not really even sorry because he will go right back and do it again. Turd. All I know is that he's dang cute and it's hard to get after him.
And when my cat feels squirrely, his eyes get big and round. You know to stay away because he's ready to play and has no limits.
All animals are beautiful but we tend to think ours are just the cutest. Now, you can prove it! Warrick Humane Society is hosting a Pet Photo Contest Fundraiser. From now until Feb 12th, you can enter your pet into the contest.
The contest can be found online at https://www.gogophotocontest.com/warrickhumanesociety.
Warrick Humane Society Pet Photo Contest Fundraiser
We are excited to bring back our annual Pet Photo Contest fundraiser! We've set a goal of raising $4,000 and hope you will help make it successful.
We place many, many dogs and cats in loving homes each year, but let's be honest about this...YOU have the cutest pet with the biggest personality around, don't you? Here’s your chance to show off your pet! Enter your pet’s picture in the photo contest for just a $5 donation to WHS, and then encourage your family and friends to vote for your pet! First, second and third place win PAWSOME PRIZES!
Here are some things to remember:
- No people, only pets in your photo. One pet per photo.
- The more you communicate your participation in the contest, the better your chances to win one of the prizes and the more our shelter benefits. Tell your friends, your family, your co-workers and share the event with your social media followers! Votes are $1 per vote. People can vote as often as they like, and votes will be displayed on the contest web page as they come in.
- This is a fun and exciting way to show off your pet.
- The entry fee is just $5 per pet, per photo.
- Remember - vote early, vote often, and encourage friends and families to vote. The goal is to raise $4,000 to help WHS continue their efforts find forever families for homeless pets.