Poisonous Snake Bit Camper at Indiana State Park
A man camping at Brown County State Park, about 2 and a half hours north-east of Evansville, was bitten by a poisonous snake. According to WTHR 13 out of Indianapolis, the camper, who was wearing flip-flops, was bitten on the toe by what was identified by an Indiana Conservation Officer as a copperhead - a venomous snake commonly found in Indiana. The camper was taken to the hospital to undergo treatment. According to the Indiana Department of Natural Resources, copperheads and rattlesnakes are both native to this area.