Little Known Household Uses for Beer
Most of us don't think of beer as anything other than a delicious beverage! Even the thought of pouring it anywhere than in our mouth seems sacrilegious. But, there are some really great ways beer can come in handy around the house.
The Kansas City Star put together a list, here are a few.....
1. Traps common garden pests like slugs and snails. Place jars or dishes of beer around your garden overnight and in the morning, they will be passed out drunk in the dish. ;-) Also works with mice, fruit flies, cockroaches, bees and wasps. What a party THAT would be!!
2. Fertilize your garden and indoor plants. YEP, plants like beer too!!! Use just a small amount of FLAT beer at the base of the plant.
3. Cleans gold jewelry. Place your gold in a dish of beer and let it soak. Then, remove, rinse and towel dry.
4. Loosen rusty bolts. The acids in the beer help dissolve rust so you can get the job done.
5. Insulation. If you could afford it and aren't interested in DRINKING the beer, you could insulate your walls with it!! Put a full cans of beer in your walls and the alcohol will keep the cold out.
Love to Drink Beer? Save the Date for Oktobeerfest
Celebrate German Heritage and all things beer at Oktobeerfest on Saturday, October 18th from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Vanderburgh 4-H Center.
Sample from over 100 authentic German beers, seasonal Oktoberfest and pumpkin beers all in one place! Plus, enjoy a fall atmosphere with German cuisine available for purchase and live music! Must be 21+ to attend.
Ticket Information: $35 in advance, $45 at the door and includes admission into the event, a 5 oz. souvenir tasting glass, and 4 hours of unlimited sampling.
Designated Drivers: $10 and only available at the door. Designated Drivers must be 21+ as well.