Digital Job Fair: Black Equipment – Technician
Description: Black Equipment is a full-service Industrial and Construction Equipment dealership with 6 branch locations throughout Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois and Tennessee. We are headquartered in Evansville, IN and offer a wide range of equipment solutions to fill our customer’s specific needs, including: forklifts, construction equipment, sweepers/scrubbers, manlift equipment, personnel carriers, and industrial batteries and chargers. The quality brands we represent are Yale, Linde, JCB, Cushman, Hoist, Genie, and much more!
Black Equipment is growing…and we are seeking an experienced service technicians to help serve our customers in the Evansville, IN and surrounding areas! We offer a great family-oriented culture, a strong benefits package to include medical and dental insurance, paid vacation and sick time, 401(k), and opportunities for growth and advancement. Read below and apply if you are interested in joining our team!
Job Requirements : Specific qualifications for the Forklift Service Technician position include:
* Strong mechanical or electrical skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
* Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
* Ability to provide your own hand tools
* Solid computer skills
* Strong multitasking and time management skills
* Exceptional analytic skills
* Ability to lift 50 pounds
Specific Job Duties and Beneficial Skills to be Successful :
Under the direct supervision of the Shop or Service Manager the Technician is responsible for performing periodic maintenance, repair, replacement and limited troubleshooting on various models of material handling and construction equipment. Must be proficient in completing all required paperwork needed to perform all job requirements.
1.Able to read and understand electrical and hydraulic system schematics
2. Able to repair, or replace major system components, including circuit boards and other electrical parts, hydraulic, mechanical, L.P. systems, power steering and transmissions, engines with limited supervision.
3. Troubleshoot and diagnose most truck components
4. Perform engine tune-ups on most makes of equipment without supervision
5. Perform proper PM’s in a timely manner
6. Be able to troubleshoot and diagnose most complex electrical systems on IC and electric trucks
7. Be able to use all special tools properly. Maintain and properly use the normal tools of the trade.
8. Operate service van in a clean, safe and secure manner following all required safety rules for the job
9. Follows all safety procedures in performing work as well as company policies
10. Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills
11. Properly identify and order all necessary replacement parts
12. Perform other duties as required per management
Part or Full-Time
Black Equipment Co. Inc
Where to Apply – Online Application