Where And How To Vote Early In Spencer County Indiana
It's election season but it's not like any election season we've ever seen before - for a number of reasons. One of which is the coronavirus pandemic that is still going strong and that's left a lot of potential voters concerned about exercising their constitutional right to vote while maintaining safe social distancing and avoiding crowds.
So what's the solution? You could certainly participate in the 2020 election with an absentee mail-in ballot. The better option, in my opinion, is early voting and it's how I plan to cast my ballot for the 2020 election. I can #BeHeard and hopefully avoid the crowds.
Before you grab your keys and head out to vote early, here's what you need (and need to know) if you live in Spencer County:
- You must be age 18 or older by November 3, 2020 and registered to vote.
- Early Voting takes place beginning October 6, 2020
- If you have a felony conviction on your record, you are allowed to vote in the state of Indiana. Only those currently in jail or prison are barred from voting.
- Before you head to the polls, make sure you have a valid photo ID issued by the State of Indiana or US Government. It must contain your name, a photo and an expiration date "that shows the ID current or expired after November 6, 2018."
Spencer County Courthouse, Commissioner's Room, 200 Main St, Rockport, IN
- October 6th - 30th: Monday - Friday from 8am - 11:30am; 12pm - 4pm
- Saturday, October 24th & Saturday, October 31st: 8am - 3:30pm
- Monday, November 2nd: 9am - 12pm
Santa Claus Community Center, 200 Main St, Santa Claus, IN
- Monday - Thursday, October 19th - 22nd 10am - 6pm
- Friday - Saturday, October 26th - 29th 8:30am - 3:30pm
- Monday - Thursday, October 26th - 29th 10am - 6pm
- Friday - Saturday, October 30th -31st 8:30am - 3:30pm
To learn more about early voting in Spencer County as well as Election Day voting locations and a list of all candidates on the ballot visit IndianaVoters.in.gov and enter the requested personal information.
[Source: IndianaVoters.in.gov; SpencerCounty.IN.gov]
LOOK: Here are 50 political terms you should know before the upcoming election