Ways to Help Evansville Rescue Without Adopting or Fostering
If you are in a place right now where you aren't able to foster or adopt a pet, there's still great ways you can help out It Takes a Village!
Recently It Takes a Village has posted about ways you can help them out, and many of those ways don't cost you a dime! Of course if you can donate, that is always extremely helpful, but if you can't, there's great ways to volunteer and help them.
They are currently looking for people to help
- Transport dogs to and from appointments as well as help them run errands
- Train dogs that haven’t been given an obedience foundation
- Help walk dogs and clean kennels
- Assist with and plan fundraisers and adoption events
- Cross-post on social media when It Takes a Village needs help
If you can help by donating, a monetary donation is always helpful, but there's also a wish-list if you'd like to purchase them things of of that, here's some items on their wish list:
- chew bones
- dog beds
- balls/dog toys
- paper towels
- incense/room fresheners
- Pine Sol
- 33 gallon or bigger trash bags
- dog treats
- dog waste bags
- hot dogs/pill pockets
- laundry detergent
- dry puppy food
- large & XL collapsible dog crates
- Advantix or Advantage flea preventative
- heartworn preventative
- Dasequin (or similar joint supplements)
- copy paper
- Brother Toner TN660
- gift cards to Staples or Office Depot for office supplies
You may notice there is NO dog food listed, that's because they receive dog food from the Rescue bank in Louisville, so they can keep all of their dogs on a consistent diet. So no worries there!
If you want to help out It Takes a Village, there's a ton of ways that you can, even more than listed above! Check out this great post from their website of all the ways you can help out It Takes a Village!