Your New Favorite Holiday Cocktail – Santa’s Mule [RECIPE]
A few of these and you'll be able to tolerate your family over the holidays!
During my recent trip to the Gaylord Opryland Resort in Nashville, I took in Trace Adkins' Christmas Dinner Show at the Tennessee Ballroom. Before entering I spotted a small bar outside the door and decided a little pre-dinner drink was in order. After looking over the short menu, I spotted the Santa's Mule, and decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did, it was delicious. And with relatively common ingredients you can find at any liquor or grocery store, whipping it up during your Christmas party is easy. Here's what you need and what to do with it:
- 1-1/4 ounces of whiskey (mine featured Jack Daniels)
- 1/2 ounce Blood Orange juice
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces ginger beer of your choice
- 2 dashes of cardamon bitters
- Candied ginger to garnish*
*Mine did not feature candied ginger, but the one created in the video below does.
- Fill a copper mule mug or high ball glass with ice.
- Pour in the first five ingredients and stir to combine.
- Garnish with candied ginger (optional).
Drink (responsibly, of course) and enjoy!
[Source: Gaylord Hotels News]