Prep Your Car or Truck for Incoming Winter Weather
With the incoming inclement winter weather, now is a good time to make sure that your vehicle is prepped properly. According to the National Weather Service, the Tristate is expected to be on the receiving end of 1 - 2 inches of snow. Here are some tips from Ready.gov to keep yourself as safe as possible on your way to the office.
- Winterize your vehicle by checking your antifreeze, brakes, tire pressure and windshield wipers.
- Be sure your gas tank is at least half full.
- Stock your emergency roadside kit with jumper cables, flairs, etc.
- Make sure you have a phone charger in your car.
- Toss a blanket or two in your car as well.
- Sand or kitty litter are useful for creating traction if you become stuck.
- A small food kit could prove helpful as well - non perishable snacks & bottled water.
Be sure that you allow yourself extra time to get from A to B and be safe out there!