Potential Engine Fires Result in Recall of 168K Vehicles
168k Hyundai and Kia vehicles are currently under recall because of the potential risk for engine fires due to fuel pipe issues. The issues stem from previous recall repairs performed after a 2015 recall for engine failure. The recall impacts the following models from both manufacturers:
- 2011 - 2014 Kia Optima (2-liter and 2.4-liter four-cylinder engines)
- 2012 - 2014 Kia Sorrento (2-liter and 2.4-liter four-cylinder engines)
- 2011 - 2013 Kia Sportage (2-liter and 2.4-liter four-cylinder engines)
- 2011 - 2014 Hyundai Sonata
- 2013 - 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Owners of the affected models can expect a letter in the mail notifying them of the recall.