Newburgh, IN Announces Date and Details for Heavy Trash Pick-Up This Summer
This seems to be a really popular time of the year for folks to do some serious cleaning, and along with that usually comes some serious trash. If you're like me, you've amassed quite the collection of 'stuff' over the last several months, and it's just taking up space in your garage, basement, closets, or random corners of your house. Now is the time to figure out what can stay and what needs to go. If you live in Newburgh, you might want to start making those decisions sooner rather than later.
Heavy Trash Pick-Up in Newburgh
The town of Newburgh, Indiana just announced the date and important details for heavy trash pick-up this summer. According to a post on the official Town of Newburgh Facebook page, large trash items are scheduled to be picked up on Tuesday, June 14, 2022. Newburgh officials ask that you set your heavy trash items at least three feet away from your normal trash and recycling bins. They also ask that set out your heavy trash no earlier than 24 hours before being picked up.
Items Allowed for Pickup
- Furniture: Both indoor and outdoor
- Appliances: Refrigerators and freezers will be picked up separately - and only if the refrigerants have been removed and tagged by a professional.
- Building Materials/Construction Debris: Must be in containers that weigh less than 75 pounds.
- Carpeting: Must be rolled and bundled and cut into 4-foot lengths.
Items NOT Allowed for Pickup
- Tires and other automobile parts
- Concrete and/or bricks
- Paint and other hazardous liquids
- Yard waste
- Any item longer than 8 feet