Make Less than $56k? Get Free Tax Help From the United Way
It's no secret that trying to do your taxes can be daunting. Luckily, the United Way can help. If your household income was at or below $56,000 in 2019, the United Way is offering free tax prep.
What should you bring with you? According to the United Way:
- All Tax information forms (W-2, 1099, 1098)
- Social Security Cards or ITIN letters for you and all persons you are claiming on your tax return: Required
- Proof of identity (valid driver’s license or other government issued photo ID): Required
- Child Care Provider Information
- Last year’s taxes if available
- Real estate property tax receipt (if applicable)
- Landlord’s name, address, and amount of rent paid in 2019 (if applicable)
- Bank routing number and account number for direct deposit
- If married, both spouses must be present
For more information, including the list of locations in the Evansville area, go here. You call also call 812-422-4100.