Lewisport, Kentucky Among 25 Safest Cities in the U.S. in Recent Study
In a recent study that examined the most recent FBI data on crime rates, Lewisport, Kentucky ranked among the best in the country.
Western Kentucky boasts some incredible small towns. Lewisport, a quaint and charming small town, is one of them. Nestled in the heart of Hancock County, it's a hidden gem that's packed with reasons to live there. Including, it's one of the safest cities in the country. 18th safest, to be exact!
CCTV Camera World Study
CCTV Camera World released a study on the 100 Safest Cities in America this week and it was exciting to see our little town on the list. When you hear about the spike in crime in big cities all over the U.S., there's something to be said about rural living.
The rankings were based on the total crime rate in 7,000 cities across the country. The total crime rate is all crimes such as violent crimes (murder, rape, assault, etc.) as well as property crimes (burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, and arson).
This is why Lewisport, Kentucky is the 18th safest city with just 59.1 crimes per 100,000 residents making it a great place to visit or live in. Who wouldn't want to live in a tightly knit community with a low crime rate?
They also offered some great tips to help keep your family safe.
5 Tips to Protect Your Home and Your Family:
1. Use an Alarm System: In the event, your home gets breached, it is critical to have an alarm system that will make criminals leave the scene while alerting the police.
2. Install a Smart Security Camera: A solid security camera can be purchased for less than $200, while smart cameras with artificial intelligence now have facial recognition, heat sensors, and invisible tripwires.
3. Put up Signs About Surveillance: A security camera will serve as a deterrent, but only if the criminal knows it is there. Put up signs saying that the property is being monitored.
4. Be Careful on Social Media: Be mindful of social media posts that let people know when you’re not home.
5. Have Neighbors Watch Your Back: Ask a trusted neighbor to look after your place and bring in your mail so burglars do not see it piling.
We'll see you later in the year at the annual Lewisport Heritage Festival!