Indiana Raccoon Gets High and Goes to Fire Station
This raccoon had one hell of a day...
This is a story out of Indianapolis that I heard about on twitter.
Apparently, a woman near Indy has a pet raccoon.
First of all, I didn't know that was a thing you could have as a pet. Also, how can I get one? Those little trash pandas are adorable...
Anyway, this raccoon ended up smoking weed. I don't know how, or if it was second hand smoke, or he ate it, or what. That point is, the raccoon got a lot of the stuff in his system.
The owner freaked out and thought that he was overdosing and took her raccoon to her local fire station to see if they could help.
She said that the weed that the raccoon got a hold of was being smoked by her friends. But lets look at the facts here: You took your PET RACCOON, to a FIRE STATION for EMERGENCY ANIMAL HELP. You know who could have helped? A vet. A licensed animal care professional. But you took your buddy to the fire department because "Hey, they get cats out of trees. They must know something about animals!!" I think you might have been a little second hand high yourself, lady
To be fair, this took place at, like, 3am, and there are only a handful of vets in the US that would probably actually see a raccoon as a patient. And those vets aren't exactly open for business at 3 am...So maybe I'm just being nit picky. But you've got to admit, this story is wild from beginning to end.
There was no follow up as to if the raccoon was okay afterward. But they said that there wasn't much they could do at that point. You've just got to let it go through his system. And since this happened last week and they felt like this was a story that was safe to put on twitter, I'm going to safely assume that the raccoon is doing okay. Probably really hungry, but okay.