Deaconess Offering Drive-Thru COVID-19 Testing
If you start to show COVID-19 symptoms and feel like you need to be tested, you can now get a drive-thru test from Deaconess. Here's the criteria and how to get your test.
According to Deaconess, "Orders will be provided for patients who meet the following criteria:
Symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath) WITH at least one of the following:
- Known exposure to anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19
- A travel history to any high risk country in the past 14 days, or air or cruise travel in the last 7 days
- Multiple family or close contacts with similar respiratory symptoms (testing only the person who has been sick the longest)
- Respiratory symptoms greater than 5 days, negative influenza, and worsening symptoms
- Healthcare workers with active clinical duties and potential exposures
Anyone who does not meet the above criteria will not be tested. To get an order for testing, those meeting the above criteria should call the Deaconess 24-hour nurse triage line at 812-450-6555. At that time, patients will complete a prescreening to receive an order, and then will be given directions on where to go for testing.
Enter your number to get our free mobile app