Comfort Food Everyone Will Love: Vegan Lemon Orzo and Caramelized Sesame Tofu
RECIPE OF THE DAY: WEDNESDAY JANUARY 8, 2020
WHY WE LOVE IT: This warm dish will fill you up and has over 35 grams of protein.
TOTAL INGREDIENTS: 11
MAKE IT FOR: A warm cozy night or a main dish for a dinner party.
- 200 gr Orzo * 1 Lemon + Juice
- 12 Brussel Sprouts
- 1 Cup White Wine
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 Vegan Bouillon Cube
- 1 Block of Tofu
- 1/2 Onion +1 Glove Garlic
- 2-3 tbsp Sweet Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper
1. Slice brussel sprouts in half, place in a baking tray, drizzle olive olive, salt, pepper and 1 tbsp maple syrup. Bake at 380F.
2. In a pan, drizzle olive oil, cook lemon slices few minutes until slightly golden on edges. Add 1 tbsp maple syrup and cook until caramelized. Set aside.
3. In the same pan, sauté garlic and onion. Pour orzo and cook 2-3 min. Then add white wine, water, bouillon cub and lemon juice. Cook until soft orzo.
4. In a second pan, drizzle olive olive. Heat on medium. Slice tofu in half. Coat with cornstarch and sesame seeds. Cook until golden on both sides. Pour sweet soy sauce. Be careful, it's very fast. Cook until caramelized both sides. - Dress by combining orzo, brussel sprouts. Then lemon's slices on top and tofu.