103GBF Seeking Brand Manager/On-Air Personality Who Has a Passion for ROCK
Townsquare Media Evansville-Owensboro is looking for a Brand Manager and on-air personality with a passion for the rock lifestyle to lead 103GBF!
A Townsquare Media Brand Manager is the brand captain for their radio station. You will develop relationships with your on air team, the sales department and sales management and your Operations Manager. You will carry your radio station’s brand forward on air, in the digital world and in the community. You will lead WGBF-FM on-air, online and on site. As the Brand Manager you will perform the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Quickly become proficient on OPX in both in studio’s and production rooms
- Take complete ownership of the station’s brand both on air and in the digital space
- Update the Operations Manager weekly on terrestrial and digital progress of the property
- Attend periodic meetings with the Townsquare Brand Captain for your format
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings with the station consultant to discuss Programming
- Host a daily air shift on the station. Daypart TBD.
- Spend time each day doing daily show prep
- Do commercial production daily/as necessary
- Attend other programming/sales meetings as requested
- Work with station “voice” to keep station’s imaging fresh including timely promo’s for upcoming events
- Total responsibility for the overall sound of your radio station
- Provide good local content ideas for your show as well as other shows
- Scheduling: Board ops for remotes to include yourself, talent for client remotes
- Weekend coverage including board operations, station events, set-up/tear-down and emceeing
- Learn the Townsquare blogging procedures
- Blog a minimum of 10 blogs per week on the station website – local and regional content (national content must be approved prior to posting)
- Facebook daily posts before and during your show (this does not count towards blogging requirements) and maintain and oversee station’s other social media platforms.
- Create videos for, manage content and maintain the WGBF-FM YouTube channel
- Able to voice track or go live on one or more Townsquare radio stations when needed, vacation relief, sick days or in case of emergency
- Participate in a variety of digital assets the company offers for our listeners/digital users
- Prepare and be on air each Monday-Friday (daypart TBA) and handle other necessary tasks within the radio station when called upon
- Must demonstrate dependability, passion, strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Business acumen, open-mindedness and a sense of what it takes to win are essential
- Previous on-air programming required
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance package
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 9 paid holidays per year
- Career advancement opportunities
Townsquare is a media, entertainment and digital marketing solutions company principally focused on small and mid-sized markets across the U.S. Our assets include 310 radio stations and more than 325 local websites in 66 U.S. markets, a digital marketing solutions company serving thousands of small to medium sized businesses, approximately 550 live events with nearly 18 million attendees each year in the U.S. and Canada, and one of the largest digital advertising networks focused on music and entertainment reaching more than 60 million unique visitors each month. Our brands include iconic local media assets such as WYRK, KLAQ, K2 and NJ101.5; acclaimed music festivals such as Mountain Jam, WE Fest and the Taste of Country Music Festival; unique touring lifestyle and entertainment events such as the America on Tap craft beer festival series, the Insane Inflatable 5K obstacle race series and North American Midway Entertainment, North America’s largest mobile amusement company; and leading tastemaker music and entertainment owned and affiliated websites such as XXLmag.com, TasteofCountry.com, Loudwire.com, JustJared.com and BrooklynVegan.com.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Townsquare Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Townsquare Media’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.