$35 Kitten Special Starts Friday at the WHS
Last night, the kitty we adopted from the WHS decided to come snuggle with me at bedtime. This is weird because Peyton is only affectionate maybe one or two days out of the month and only sticks around for about five minutes. But last night, he was just needy! He pushed his head up under my chin and wanted me to hold him. ALL NIGHT LONG. It's cool for about 30 minutes and then I want to roll over! He wasn't budging and I didn't dare move him. It wasn't until 3 AM when I had to go to the bathroom that he decided to get up and beg to go out.
We've had Peytey since he was a nub of a kitten. We love having him around and he's so much easier to maintain then the dog. He's self grooming, doesn't poop on the carpet, and we can leave without kenneling him. Also, he doesn't roll in dead stuff or eat poop or anything weird like that.
Right now, the WHS has an abundance of KITTIES! So, they are running a special - $35 for kitties who are fixed and ready to leave immediately starting Friday, July 31. Interested in a Kitten or Cat? Fill out an application here!
And if you want to adopt but can't, consider donating something to the shelter. They are currently in need of: Cat litter - any brand, laundry detergent - any brand HE, and bleach. There are also some upcoming fundraisers and events.
OTHER STUFF HAPPENING AT THE WHS
Tastee Freeze Giveback
Grab some yummy ice cream and/or food at TF Ice Cream any time on August 1st and 10% of your purchase will be donated back to the animals in need at Warrick Humane Society! Nothing needs to be shown when ordering, just go and enjoy your tasty treats and feel good knowing you are helping homeless pets!
Keep a Lookout for Tigger
Rock Your Rescue Style Silent Auction
Join us for our Rock Your Rescue Style Online Silent Auction to benefit the animals at Warrick Humane Society! Bidding will begin August 3rd at 10am and end on August 9th at 8pm! On August 3rd at approximately 10am an album will be shared with the items for auction. Simply comment below your bid. The highest bid by 7:59pm on August 9th is the winner of the item. You will be notified if you have won an item on August 10th. Items will need to be picked up at WHS August 11th - August 16th. Items remaining unpaid for on August 16th will then go to the next highest bidder. Items can be shipped for $5 per item by either paying via PayPal or over the phone with a credit card. PLEASE only bid on items you intend to pay for.
WHS COVID-19 Policies:
If you are interested in any of the animals up for adoption at the WHS, please be aware of their current COVID-19 policies.
- Adoptions are by appointment only - please fill out an adoption application online, and we will contact you to set up an appointment. Applications can be found here: https://warrickhumanesociety.org/adoption-info/
- We will schedule three adoption appointments per hour, and only two people per family/group will be allowed in the shelter at one time. This will allow for people to spend time looking for the right pet while practicing social distancing. Additional people/family members will be allowed to wait outside and the pet (dogs only) can be taken out to meet with them. This will also allow ample time for staff to properly clean between each adoption.
- Masks are required by everyone while in the shelter. Please bring your own mask. If you do not have one, the shelter has some for purchase for $1 each.
- To keep traffic to a minimum, we will not be allowing volunteers inside the shelter at this time. We will have things for volunteers to do outside. If you're interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Warrick Tails on Trails has started up again! Please watch their Facebook page for details!