Vanderburgh Humane Society Hosting Holiday Adopt-a-thon
The Vanderburgh Humane Society will be waving adoption fees on all of their animals in hopes of emptying the shelter before Christmas.
If you have room in your heart and your home for a new four-legged family member, December 16th & 17th is the perfect time to adopt! The Vanderburgh Humane Society is offering a massive adoption event to place every animal into a loving home in time for the holidays. Sunday, December 16th beginning at 10am and runnung through 8pm and then again on Sunday, December 17th, all of the dogs, cats & rabbits will be available to adopt. The event does exclude puppy adoptions. Anyone over the age of 18 can adopt. There are still requirements for potential adopters though:
- All adopters must fill out an adoption application and provide a valid photo ID
- VHS Adoption Counselors and/or volunteers help families to choose a pet that is an ideal match for their family based on ages and personalities of family members, living situations, financial situations, other pets in the home, and so on
- Each adopter will sign a legal binding contract, as they always have, to care for the animal for its lifetime, provide it with veterinary care, and return it to VHS if they are ever unable to keep it
- VHS has always and will continue to reserve the right to deny adoptions for any reason.
- Those who have used our emergency food pantry within the past year are not permitted to adopt.
If you cannot adopt at this time, you can make a donation to the shelter to aid in the continued care of these animals. Learn more at www.vhslifesaver.org.