Newburgh Hosting Town Wide Yard Sale June 8th & 9th
If finding a great deal is something that you love to do, you don't want to miss out on the town wide yard sale in Newburgh next weekend! Beginning at 7 am on Friday & Saturday, June 8th & 9th, dozens of homes across Newburgh will be selling their well loved items that they no longer need and making thrifters & bargain hunters dreams come true! The official event page for the yard sale includes a link to download an interactive map of the participating homes. You can find it here. Here are some suggestions for successful yard sale shopping:
- Get change - You'll want some fives and singles. No one wants to bust you $20 bill for that $1 Bon Jovi CD you just have to have.
- Wear comfortable clothes - some of the things you might find that you absolutely must have, might be heavy to carry.
- Don't be afraid to haggle - people don't want to put this stuff back in their garage at the end of the day. If that velvet Elvis painting is marked at $20, offer them $15. Worse case, they'll say no and you'll still only have spend $20 for velvet Elvis!
- Be mindful where you park your car - no one likes the guy that blocks the neighbors driveway.
- Set a budget - you're less likely to buy other people's junk that will turn into junk at your own yard sale in 2 months
- Be nice - Like Patrick Swayze's character, Dalton, said in Roadhouse, "Be nice." But seriously, don't be a jerk to the other folks out looking for a good deal.
Happy bargain hunting!!!