NCAA Tourney Times and Channels for Tri-State Teams of Interest
The field of 68 has been set for the 2018 NCAA Men's Basketball tournament, and now it's just a matter of getting on the court and playing for a chance to be crowned National Champion. While there aren't a ton of teams of local interest in this years "Big Dance," there are a few, a couple of which have real potential at making a deep run in the tourney.
After a bit of down year (by their standards, anyway), the Kentucky Wildcats made a strong push over the final few games of the regular season, winning four of their final five, before running the table in the SEC Tournament, defeating co-regular season champ, Tennessee, in the championship game on Sunday to earn an automatic berth in the national tourney.
North of the Ohio River, Purdue had a really good year, managing to hold a high national ranking through the majority of the season. An upset loss to Michigan in the semifinal round of the Big Ten Tournament a week or so back spoiled what was a really strong season, but they still enter the NCAA tourney as one of the favorites to go all the way.
The Butler Bulldogs have been a team that has garnered attention on the national stage for the past several seasons after former coach, Brad Stevens turned the program around and took them to the national title game in 2010 where they narrowly lost to Duke 61-59. Stevens left the program in 2013 to take over as head coach of the Boston Celtics, however Butler has continued to find success each year since his departure, entering this year's tournament as a 10 seed.
Here's when and where you can find each team either Thursday or Friday as they start their quest for a national title.
All times listed are Central Daylight Time.
Seeding in parentheses.
- (5) Kentucky vs. (12) Davidson - 7:10 p.m. Thursday - CBS (South Region)
- (2) Purdue vs. (15) Cal State Fullerton - 12:40 p.m. Friday - TruTV (East Region)
- (10) Butler vs. (7) Arkansas - 3:10 p.m. Friday - TruTV (East Region)
In the event both Purdue and Butler win their opening round games, they would face each other in the second round on Sunday at a time to be determined.
Times for other teams of interest:
- (3) Michigan vs. (14) Montana - 9:50 p.m. Thursday - TBS (West Region)
- (3) Michigan St. vs. (14) Bucknell - 7:10 p.m. Friday - CBS (Midwest Region)
- (2) Duke vs. (15) Iona - 2:45 p.m. Thursday - CBS (Midwest Region)
- (2) North Carolina vs. (15) Lipscomb - 2:45 p.m. Friday - CBS (West Region)
Where to find CBS, TBS, and TruTV*
- Spectrum TV - 10, 912 (HD)
- WOW! - 10, 810 (HD)
- DirecTV with Local Channels - 44
- Dish Network with Local Channels - 44, 5271, 7366
- Spectrum TV - 5, 109, 939
- WOW! - 16, 842
- DirecTV with Local Channels - 247
- Dish Network with Local Channels - 139, 4139, 4533, 6910, 6929, 9499
- Spectrum TV - 73, 161, 995
- WOW! - 14, 852
- DirecTV with Local Channels - 246
- Dish Network with Local Channels - 242, 4204, 4523, 9430