Indiana Is Bizarro: Strange Laws From Across the Land
The majority of Indiana’s laws have been put in place to help protect the public against a lunatic society; however, we recently uncovered a number of laws across the state that make us question who the lunatics really are. Seriously, you might be surprised to find that it is against the law to do the following:
- Any person who performs a puppet show is subject to $3 fine under the Act to Prevent Certain Immoral Practices.
- Citizens who are 14-years-old or older can fined up to $10 per day for damning or swearing the name of God, Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost.
- Any person caught playing cards can be fined $3 per pack under the Act for the Prevention of Gambling.
- It is against the law for a man to get an erection in public.
- It is illegal to catch fish with you bare hands.
- It is illegal for men to stand in a bar.
- It is against the law to pass a horse on the street.
- It is illegal to carry an alcoholic beverage from the bar to the table.
- It is against the law for a bar to give rounds of drinks on the house.
- It is illegal for liquor stores to sell milk.
- You can be dismissed from financial responsibility for a dependent simply by praying for them.