How To Make Chicken Parmesan Crusted Pizza From Scratch
I saw a video the other day of a restaurant in NYC that made a chicken parmesan pizza using the chicken as a crust. I knew at that moment that I HAD to make it!
So I went to the store, got some supplies, and tried my hand at this delicious meal. Of course I did it the hard way. I was going to use ground chicken and flatten it out to make the crust. Unfortunately, the grocery store I went to did not have ground chicken. So I bought a food processor and some chicken breasts to make my own ground chicken. I suggest you take the easy route!
I have to say that I am pretty proud of this! I literally made this from scratch and it was one of the most delicious things that I have ever made. It’s not perfect, but know that I have made it, I know what to do for next time. Check out how mine turned out before and after baking:
Here’s what you will need to make your own:
- 2 LB of ground chicken
- 2 containers of Italian Bread Crumbs (just to be safe)
- Seasoning for the chicken ( I used onion powder, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and Italian seasoning)
- A dozen eggs
- Pizza sauce
- Desired shredded cheese
- Desired toppings
How to make Chicken Parmesan Crusted Pizza:
- Mix your chicken and spices together along with some flour
- Flatten the chicken out into the crust. (Make sure you make it big enough to fit into your skillet to fry it up.)
- Allow the “crust” to freeze
- Once hardened, dip it into your egg mix then into the bread crumbs
- Now that you have the “batter” on, you’re ready to fry that bad boy up! I used a 10 inch skillet on the stove with vegetable oil.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Remove from the skillet and apply pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings
- Place the “pizza” on a pizza pan and bake it until the cheese has melted.
- Cut and serve!