Burdette Park Aquatic Center Opens This Weekend
Burdette Park Aquatic Center & Miniature Golf Facility will open for the summer season starting this Saturday, May 24th!
The Aquatic Center features two adult super slides and two kid slides, plus an Olympic size pool, diving well and children's area with a Spray Park that houses models of exotic animals to climb on! The Aquatic Center stays open from Memorial Day Saturday, May 24th through August 11th. Hours are Monday-Thursday from 10am-6pm and Friday, Saturdy and Sunday from 10am-7pm. After August 12th, the center will be open ONLY on weekends through Labor Day, September 2nd.
Admission is just $8 for adults and children 12 and over...$5 for children ages 3-11 and seniors over 62...and children 3 and under are FREE.
Burdette's Miniature Golf course also opens this Memorial Day weekend and stays open daily through August 12th. Hours for that are 11am-7pm. The cost for miniature golf is just $4 for adults and $2.50 for children.
In addition to the Aquatic Center and Miniature Golf, Burdette Park also offers
- 3 miles of paved walking/running/biking trails that connect to the University of Southern Indiana trail system.
- Chalets, cabins and shelter houses
- The Pavilion and O'Day Discovery Lodge
- Stocked lakes that are open to everyone on a year-round basis at no charge.
- The BMX track is world-renowned and the site of several races each year that are open for the public to watch.
- Tennis, basketball and volleyball courts. No reservations are required and there's never a charge. All courts are available on a first-come first-serve basis.
Burdette Park is open from 7am-midnight 365 days a year. The Park Office is open from 8am-4pm from Memorial Day through Labor Day. After Labor Day, the office is open weekdays only from 8am-4pm. All activities in the park are subject to operational hours, rental restrictions and weather conditions.