Burdette Park Aquatic Center & Miniature Golf Open This Weekend
Burdette Park Aquatic Center & Miniature Golf Facility will open for the summer season this Saturday, May 25th!
The Aquatic Center, with 4 adult super slides and 4 kid slides, is a haven for water enthusiasts. It also offers an Olympic size pool, diving well and children’s area with a Spray Park that houses models of exotic animals to climb on! Open from Memorial Day Saturday, May 25, 2013 through August 12, 2013…Monday thru Thursday from 10am-6pm and 10AM-7PM on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. After August 12th, open ONLY on weekends through Labor Day, Sept. 2, 2013.
Admission is just $7 for adults and children 12 and over; $5 for children ages 3-11 and seniors 62+; children 3 and under are free.
Miniature Golf also opens Memorial Day weekend daily thru Aug. 12, 2013. Hours are 11am-7pm. The park’s meticulously cared for miniature golf course is quite challenging and fun for all ages. The fee for play is $4.00 for adults and $2.50 for children.
And there is more family fun offered year-round at Burdette Park including:
- 3 miles of paved walking/running/biking trail connects to the University of Southern Indiana trail system. The trailhead is located behind The Discovery Lodge. Several other trails wind through the 168-acre park.
- Overnight accommodations in Chalets capable of housing up to 8 people (Hickory Lodge is large enough for 12 people), each equipped with full kitchen, fireplace, H&AC, all bedding and linens furnished and some have Jacuzzi tubs. Chalets rent year round and are wonderful getaways any season. Also, camp in the park using full hook up and restroom & shower facilities or go primitive. Large wooded area for pop-ups or tents.
- Cabins and shelter houses, The Pavilion and O’Day Discovery Lodge make Burdette the one stop for all party purposes. Suitable for groups from 20 to 1,000 in number, there is the perfect building for your next family reunion, wedding reception or corporate picnic.
- The stocked lakes are open to everyone on a year-round basis at no charge. All local and State fishing laws apply and State of Indiana fishing license is required.
- The BMX track is world-renowned and the site of several races each year that are open for the public to watch. For additional information on the track go to www.burdettebmx.org.
- Burdette offers tennis, basketball and volleyball courts. No reservations are required and there’s never a charge. All courts are available on a first-come first-serve basis.
Burdette Park is open 7am-midnight, 365 days a year. The Park Office is open from 8am-4pm Memorial Day through Labor Day. After Labor Day, it is open 8am-4pm weekdays only. All activities in the park are subject to operational hours, rental restrictions and weather conditions.