April Fools’ Gag Roundup: Blizzard, Capcom, Riot Games, BioWare and More
April Fools' jokes aren't anything new, but some of the gags that came out this year are pretty clever. Here's a roundup of all the best pranks you need to know about:
Capcom: Dog Ace Attorney
World of Warcraft: T.I.N.D.R.
- First up in Blizzard's April Fools' joke is the T.I.N.D.R. box for World of Warcraft. The T.I.N.D.R. gag box will help you find your follower's one true love. You can obtain the fictional T.I.N.D.R. box through a quest and then give it to any level 100 garisson follower who will then undertake the tedious work of swiping left and right until they've found the one they are meant to be with.
Heroes of the Storm: Big Head Mode
- Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm MOBA characters have become rather big-headed after finally coming out of alpha testing and going into its closed beta. For today only, you can play your favorite heroes with some super-sized craniums.
Guild Wars 2: Airplanes
- You've asked, you've pleaded, and now you can fly around in Guild Wars 2 thanks to ArenaNet's new prank. Sure, it may not be the aircraft you expected, but the noises are pretty on par... right?
Daigo Umehara Retires
League of Legends: N.U.R.F.
- Riot Games has a knack of toying with our emotions on League of Legends and although almost everybody saw through its N.U.R.F ruse (New Ultra Rapid Fire), we still all collectively let out a sigh of relief when U.R.F. was the actual game mode to surface on the MOBA today. You can read more about N.U.R.F. on Riot Games' website to find out why no one was actually looking forward to the new game mode.
Star Wars: The Old Republic: Sandcrawler Mount
- If you've been getting a little bored of your same old mount that you've been riding around in Star Wars: The Old Republic, then there's good news for you — Kai Zykken has taken it upon himself to make three new awesome mounts for your riding pleasure. You can either get the Mega Mount, which is for your inner Jawa, the Micro Mount, which will make you look like you're stealing your little brother's toys or the Stationary Mount, which will... well, get you nowhere.
- Dance Central has traded its dance floors in for speed-dating tables and is excited to see which of its candidates will knock you off your feet. Romance Central will start out by asking you a few questions before it sends you on the date of your lifetime with that perfect someone.
- The first Steam Machine is finally here! Sort of. ThinkGeek has produced the first ever Steam Machine. Not only will it do everything that the Steam Machine is supposed to do, but it is also eco-friendly and powered by an actual steam engine. Unfortunately, when you go to buy the Steam-Powered Gaming Cabinet... you realize it's an April Fools' joke. Drats.
Fast to the Future
- Okay, okay — we admit, this IGN video isn't about a game... but it's still pretty funny. If you were excited for a new Back to the Future movie trailer, then we're sorry, but this is still pretty good press for Vin Diesel's newest movie, Furious 7, that comes out this week.
Make sure you check back with this list for any more April Fool's Day gags we find throughout the day.